Gosh it feels good to be back, Happies. Back in the land of work and commitments and working towards a goal again. That said, the past 3 weeks have been an amazing time of reflection for me, a time where I had little to no contact with social media, electronics or technology of any sort really. It was exactly what a needed. Enough time to truly reset and think about my intentions for the next 12 months – something I now know I need to do more throughout the year rather than just at the end, when I tend to fall over in a ball of exhaustion and wonder where the last 12 months have gone.
Image via empowermentnetwork.com
And that’s where my head is at for 2013. I’m in the process of setting my goals and getting the balls in motion for what I want this year to look like. It goes a little something like this…
1. Less running around like a mad woman, more time sitting in silence and just breathing.
2. Finishing my Health Coaching studies and passing with flying colours so that I can bring you even more healthy advice.
3. Setting up my website so that all the jobs I do can be housed in one space. This blog, my other writing, TV, radio and random things that I pour my time and energy into. It all needs to be consolidated.
4. Continue to live with as much balance as my life allows. Any of you city dwellers will know that it’s tough to find silence and stillness among the clutter of urban life. I already feel as though I’ve lost some of the clear-headedness that I came back from last year’s big overseas trip with. It’s taken 12 months to slowly slip through my fingertips, but after this little break, I’m ready to do all it takes to allow it to slip right back. It will take time.
5. And finally, I’m making a commitment to you. Last year was filled with back-to-back work projects and this blog sometimes suffered as a consequence. This year I want to make it a priority, and while I can’t promise to blog everyday (and I also never want it to feel like a chore), I also want to put as much energy into The Happiness Cocktail as I can.
So, that’s my 2013 in a very broad sense. It will evolve, tweak, shake around a little but as of right now, that’s where I stand. Now it’s your turn.
Tell me Happies…
What do you want to achieve this year?
What does your 2013 look like?
Is there anything you’ve like to see on The Happiness Cocktail?