This time last year I was living in New York, fulfilling a lifelong dream and about to celebrate Thanksgiving with a group of people so amazing, you could never forget them. I was grateful for so many things, and while we don’t celebrate this tradition here in Australia, I think it’s a timely reminder to show appreciation for the positivity in your life and continue to reflect, grow, nurture and nourish your good fortunes.
Reading back on my list from last year, I recognise that I am still grateful for many of the same things, realising since coming home that no matter where you are in the world your family, friends and relationship with yourself are the most important things in life.
So, here goes another round of showing gratitude. Here’s my list, I’d love to hear yours too.
1. Once again he tops the list! I am grateful for my husband Alex, whose never-ending ability to teach me about the world, myself and looking at things from a completely new perspective continues to blow my mind. He definitely makes me a better person.
2. I am grateful for my health. This past year has seen me to take my passion for health one step further, nurturing my body and mind through food, yoga and meditation. On top of that, I’ve committed to studying to be a Health Coach so that I can learn and share and, hopefully, enhance other people’s lives as much as I have my own.
3. I am grateful to have a strong work/life balance. This hasn’t come easily, but they say the best things never do. I have worked hard to achieve my life and career goals, and now I’m letting the process roll out naturally.
4. I am grateful for my family and friends, who continually show their support in everything that I embark on and take my next BIG idea with as much enthusiasm as I do.
5. I am grateful for my imagination. I never stop dreaming. The bigger the better! I truly believe that if I create it in my mind I’ve created it in reality, reality might just take a little longer to catch up. But that’s OK, because I’m patient. And for that, I am grateful, too.
Tell me Happies…
What are you thankful for?