If your weekend breakfast of eggs on toast (or eggs of any kind) is getting a little tired, may I suggest this rather remarkable dish I whipped up the other day? It calls for lots of mushrooms, which incidentally, are proven to help eliminate (or ease) symptoms of heart disease, as well as boost your immunity, fight cancer and more generally, provide your body with essential vitamins and minerals including copper, Vitamin C and B, selenium, magnesium and much, much more.
So, on today’s menu I have…
Kale & Mushrooms on Sprouted Bread with Tahini & Fresh Herbs
Here it is…
Here’s what you need for two hungry people…
- Two slices of sprouted bread
- 10 mushrooms – flat, button, shitake. Mix it up
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- Fresh thyme
- 2 heaped tbls of tahini
- 1 tsp each of dried oregano, smoked paprika and chilli
- Salt and pepper to taste
And here’s what you need to do…
1. Pop your sprouted bread in the toaster (it takes a while to cook) before slicing your mushrooms and preparing your herbs.
2. Next, heat a fry pan on high heat and add a teaspoon of coconut oil, before throwing in your mushrooms, salt and pepper, oregano, thyme, paprika and chilli. Let cook, brown and soften. While that’s happening, finely chop your kale.
3. Once your mushrooms are browned, throw in your kale, and cook for a few more minutes.
4. Once your mushies are cooked, remove your toast from the toaster and cover in a heap of mushrooms. To finish, drizzle some tahini over the entire breakfast and enjoy!
Tell me Happies,
What do you think of this recipe?