Today is my first wedding anniversary (hooray!) and rather than donning my fluffy slippers, I thought today would be the perfect opportunity to slip into something more comfortable and concoct a ‘Sexy Salad’ recipe for my beautiful husband.
While oysters, figs and chocolate are all known to boost your libido, CBS recently did a little piece on some lesser known foods that stir things up. Three of my favourites include strawberries, almonds and avocado.
1. Avocados keep your heart healthy, which in turn gets bloods flowing to every area of your body. *Wink*
2. Almonds are packed with Vitamin E, a vitamin that’s not just good for your skin, but your oestrogen and testosterone levels, too. The short of it: eat almonds if you want to increase your passion, fertility and sexual health.
3. A study back in 2008 found that men ‘totally dug’ chicks that wore red. Luckily for us then, strawberries’ red colour appeals to the opposite sex. Add the fact that strawbs are also high in folic acid and you have yourself one seriously juicy fruit.
And here’s a recipe that does all three of these ingredients justice… Strawberry & Avocado Salad with Mixed Greens, Crumbled Nuts and Balsamic Reduction.
1 x punnet of strawberries
1 x large handful of baby spinach
1 x large handful of mixed greens
1 x large handful of soaked, crushed almonds
2 x avocados, chopped into slices
1 x fresh buffalo mozzarella ball (optional)
1 x large glug of extra virgin olive oil
1.5 x cups of balsamic vinegar
1 x teaspoon of raw honey
To make, simply…
1. Wash and chop the strawberries and throw them in a bowl over the mixed green and spinach.
2. Blend your soaked almonds so they’re nice and chopped.
3. Make your balsamic reduction by adding the balsamic to a pan and bringing to the boil. As soon as it reaches a gentle boil, reduce the heat and let simmer until it’s half reduced. Then, add the honey and until it’s syrupy and sticky and take off heat.
4. Place avocados and cheese over the greens and pour over balsamic reduction.
5. Kiss the cook because it tastes so good.
Tell me Happies…
Do you like the sound of this recipe?
Want to make it?