For the love of fried rice, please make this. It’s healthy, delicious and not really ‘fried’ at all. It’s simply heated in a non-stick fry pan and thrown together in as little as 7 minutes.
Here’s the visual…
And here’s what you need to feed 2-4 people…
1 x cup of pre-cooked and cooled brown rice with seaweed
1/2 x cup of pre-cooked (or canned) kidney beans
1/2 x broccoli head, chopped
1 x brown onion, chopped
1/2 x bunch of Asian greens, chopped
1 x handful of snow pea shoots
3 x large, flat mushrooms, chopped
1/2 x block of extra firm GMO free tofu, chopped into cubes
1/2 x red capsicum, chopped
2 x organic eggs
1 x tablespoon of fish sauce
1 x tablespoon of tamari
1 x teaspoon of pure sesame oil
And here’s what you need to do…
1. In a non-stick pan, crack eggs and gently beat as though you’re making an omelette. Let sit until cooked through so the bottom is slightly crispy and when done, remove from pan and set aside on a plate.
2. Now, toss in your tofu, onion, Asian green stalks (not leaves yet) and capsicum and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and broccoli.
4. Once your veggies are looking soft, throw in snow pea shoots, beans, rice, green leaves and sauce and let cook on high heat for a few minutes until all cooked through and sautéed.
5. Serve on your plate with egg mixed through and if you have it on hand, chop some coriander over the top. Enjoy!
Tell me Happies…
Would you give this a try?
What’s your favourite Asian rice recipe?