This isn’t really a Turkish dish, but the marriage of smoked paprika, oregano, parsley and egg makes it a flawless Mediterranean arrangement.
The good news? This dish takes less than 5 minutes to make. The bad news? It ends. And you never want it to end.
Here’s the visual, which, like a verbal description, never does it justice…
Here’s what you need for 2 people…
4 x organic eggs
1 x onion, roughly chopped
1/2 x red capsicum, roughly chopped
1 x handful of parsley, roughly chopped
10 x washed mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 x small, long eggplant, roughly chopped into circles
1 x tablespoon of smoked paprika
1 x teaspoon of oregano
1/2 x teaspoon of coconut oil
salt and pepper to taste
And here’s what you need to do…
1. Throw the coconut oil, eggplant and onions into a fry pan
2. Add the capsicum and mushrooms
3. Throw in the paprika and oregano
4. After a few minutes, crack in the eggs and break the yolks. Don’t stir it too much though, they key to this dish is to leave the eggs in place so the bottom goes all crispy and yummy while the top cooks itself.
5. Add the parsley, salt and pepper a few minutes before it’s all cooked.
6. Finally, give the eggs a stir so that lovely crispy base comes unstuck and the ingredients are well combined.
7. Serve with 1/2 avocado and a piece of super grainy bread. Enjoy!
Tell me Happies…
What do you think of this feast?
Do you love Mediterranean flavours?
Keen to whip this up?