It’s no secret that I’m a fan of dark chocolate. Huge fan. Its bitter flavour, velvet texture, antioxidant-packed ingredients and good heart health credentials all make it, you know, irresistible.
So, you can image my delight when a sweet little package of Conscious Chocolate arrived at my doorstep this week. Oh, the excitement. With the promise of being raw, organic, hand-made AND healthy, it was love at first nibble.
While I’d never heard of the brand before, the packaging instantly sparked my curiosity and after unveiling the edible insides, it was clear that this chocolate wasn’t just your average block of Old Gold. Which, for the record, only gets my tick of approval if it’s 70% and above.
A recent study found that indulging in 100g of dark chocolate everyday reduced the risk of heart disease in the study’s subjects. Clearly, the stuff is a winner in the health stakes, but when you toss in the added benefits of Conscious Chocolate, you have yourself one very happy customer.
Here’s some fun fact about Conscious Chocolate…
- It’s organic.
- It’s also RAW. Why does that matter? Well, cocao is considered a bit of a superfood, but like most foods, when you cook or heat it, its nutritional value is reduced. It also becomes acidic. By keeping the cocao raw, you keep all those amazing nutrients intact, nourishing your body with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that are good for you. Winner!
- It’s naturally sweetened with agave nectar
- It’s vegan
- It’s made in Australia with all-natural ingredients including cacao, coconut oil, cinnamon and himalayan crystal salt
- It’s low GI, gluten, soy and dairy free
- It’s the TASTIEST chocolate I’ve ever eaten. Ever. Ever ever
- It’s also wrapped in the cutest packaging I’ve seen for some time
The mint was out of this world, as was the yet-to-be-released extra dark flavour they sent me. In all honesty, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the flavours and if you’re into smooshy, soft, incredibly rich chocolate that packs a serious punch, you’re going to love this, too. It’s like no chocolate I’ve ever tried before. Now, if only I had a few more blocks.
Have you heard of Conscious Chocolate before?
Do you want to try it?