We have grocery shopping down to a fine art in my house. I can honestly tell you that not even so much as a carrot goes to waste each week, but of course, with this comes the dreaded ‘day before grocery shopping day’ (DBGSD), which translates to something not too dissimilar to this…
Surely you know this feeling. You open the fridge door, see there’s nothing to work with, close the door again, only to return 2 minutes later to repeat the process in the hope that an entire meal has miraculously appeared. Ha! It’s madness.
But what’s not madness is this: my 30 second lunch recipe that requires only the barest of bare essentials and looks like this…
- A can of tuna. Or really, a can of anything. Beans would even work.
- The last remaining hunk of cabbage. Or green of any sort.
- The last remaining sprouts. We but 3 packets of sprouts a week and there always seems to be a few left come DBGSD.
- The last remaining leaves of herbs. I used coriander but basil, parsley, mint would also go too. Have a herb garden? You’re sorted.
- This magical miso turmeric dressing I talked about the other day (that should sit in your fridge at all times).
Simply throw all the ingredients in a bowl, toss together, and if you’re really starving like I was, pour the mixture over some insanely grainy toasted bread, sprouted bread, or whatever bread you like, really. Otherwise, have it on its own for an incredibly satisfying carb-free lunch. YUM!